Monday, February 22, 2010

Scales:Do-re-me-so-scared...

I went out and bought a bathroom scale.  It's in a nice box, goes well with my bathroom decor. It...what? Have I used it? Did I mention the box was pretty? It's digital (ooooh).  Expensive (ahhhh).  It has only one fault:

It's probably accurate.

The doctor's scales at the gym never lie - however I always switch it to the metric measurements so no one can figure out my actual weight, secure in the knowledge that metric conversion is faaaar too difficult a calculation for the masses (I amaze myself with the mind games I play with myself...and lose...) I remember with fondness a scale at home where if you pointed it NNW you'd lose six pounds. Why pointing it towards Frobisher Bay resulted in immediate weight loss I will never fathom, and why I never shilled it on an infomercial remains even more of a mystery.

But now I have a brand-new, fancy-dancy, can't and won't lie scale in my house and it's terrifying. Scary 'cuz I dunno how to rig it. I don't know how to talk to it, to make it like me...

OK, by way of preparation I'll have to remember that my clothes are getting a bit baggy.  I've made progress. That's good. What's bad is that I do not know what my true weight was at the beginning of this and just guestimated (I believed myself to be 210...I think.). What if I underestimated?  What if I was waaaay bigger, now see a loss, but the number today will be even higher then what I believed my starting weight to be??  Hmmm, not enjoying this...

Right, fine, I've shared everything else with you, there is no turning back. You all have supported me and I have no doubt you will continue to do so. I'm going to have to hang onto you, babies. We'll now be dealing with cold, hard numbers and you know how I feel about them. I haven't eaten yet, so I'm at my (har) skinniest of the day. Here it goes.

215.

That would mean that I must have started over 220.

I'm not going to freak out.  Just gonna breathe a little bit here...

I started this plan in the nick of time.

Praise be to the current deities that I had the presence of mind, that I was mindful of my body enough to know something was wrong and took steps to rectify it. Even without the numbers. But now I've got 'em.

And I'm gonna change 'em.

So, let's see - I'm at my happiest, babest weight at about 140. By upping my physical activity and really being diligent with my eating (which I'm already doing anyway, but kicking it up a notch wouldn't hurt), I should be able to lose 1.5-2 lbs a week. Safe and slow. It will therefore take me 37.5 weeks to renew my babe standing.  Starting from today, that should bring me to the week of November 8. I'm going to aim for Friday, Nov. 12 cuz that would be a good day to celebrate. What you may ask?

B-Day.

LiliLaLarge

No comments:

Post a Comment